Saturday 23 April 2016

A Town Like Alice

Today I packed up, clear the van, and went to Uluru for the last time. It was still cloudy, so the rock wasnt red, but I saw the rock in the rain, and I saw Lake Eyre full, and I saw everything in flower around Uluru, so I couldn't expect everything.

And on to Alice. The country along the Stuart Highway soon became hilly - not what I expected (more flat land) - I don't know why, as I knew that the McDonell ranges surround Alice Springs. The ranges are very weathered sedimentary rocks. When I come back, I must see all the canyons with which the McDonell ranges abound. Although they are reasonably close to the rock and the Olgas, they are so different.

Alice Springs was also different to how I expected it to be. I don't think any building is over two stories, which makes the town very flat. It's also very spread out, so every building has a lot of land around it.

I really loved the main street which is a mall and meanders like a stream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment