Saturday 14 October 2017

French River

Today I backtracked to where I'll be staying for the next week. Because of the accident I didn't get far enough to take the ferry across Lake Huron, but even from the major roads the leaves are awesome. It was overcast and did a fair bit of raining, so the leaves weren't translucent in the sunshine as they had been. I stopped at French River. Like most parks here, it was closed (the camping grounds, the visitors centre and the toilets) but you could still walk to the falls. However, it started to rain again so I didn't get far.

All the Canadians and Americans tell me that they won't come to Australia because of the snakes, and  here they are - in 100% of the Ontario parks I've been to - telling you to watch out for VENOMOUS snakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment