Saturday 3 September 2022

Impressions of California

After I got the car, I left San Francisco, and went north to Chico. The landscape was like home at the end of summer, brown grass, bare patches and parched trees. There didn’t seem to be any animal farming - it was mainly orchards - almonds by choice. The land was very flat with hills in the distance, and obviously has a lot of irrigation. Chico appears to be between two ranges so the temperature gets rather hot. Most of the trees that aren’t in orchards seem to be eucalyptus, and they’re pretty sparse.

There’s definitely a drought happening, but the soil has ground cover.

There’s a big fire a bit further north. The class ends tomorrow and I’m heading back to San Francisco for a few days. It’s going to be pretty hot there too, which is surprising as it’s usually ice cooler there than elsewhere. I’ve been pretty tired because I’m not sleeping well, but the class has been excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment