Saturday 10 October 2015

Colorado (State not River)

I'm now in the state of Colorado.

The place I stayed in last night had a door next to my room, and people kept opening it all night. It thumped every time, so I didn't get much sleep. The room was nice, and I had tried three places before I found one that had a vacancy - this was before I went to Canyonlands and Dead Horse, because after the queue at the Arches I suspected that it would be difficult to find somewhere to stay. 

Anyway, I am stopping early because I'm tired and early tomorrow I will go to Mesa Verde, which is very close.

This morning I saw the other part of Canyonlands Park - the view of the Needles. Actually I saw them yesterday from the other side. Look at the first picture (which is from yesterday) and see the things in the distance that are lit up. They are the Needles. Today I saw them from slightly less far away, but facing east rather than west. I went out to 1200 zoom and the haze is bad, and I am seeing them from not much closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment