Monday 5 October 2015

Rain Goes Somewhere

Maturango Museum was on my list of places to see in Los Angeles, but it was a distance away, so it didn't happen. However, I thought I could go via it and Death Valley to Las Vegas, when I was looking at the options this morning.

There are a large number of pectoglyphs in the area, and some cave paintings at Ayres Rock. So I went. Unfortunately it rained yesterday and today. The road to Ayres Rock was awash, so I was advised I couldn't get there, and highway 190 through Death Valley had flash flooding. I did see the museum. So I went back to the southern route to Las Vegas. The mountains are lots of different colours, so the route was quite pretty (although not as pretty as the Death Valley route).

On the way I stopped at Peggy Sue's 1950s genuine Diner. The owners had bought it in the 1980s and restored it to original - which was easier as it was genuine, but a bit derelict. They have the right menu and everything.

I am staying in Baker tonight, as I was very tired - probably from the ghastly LA traffic. Hopefully I will get away early in the morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment