Thursday 29 October 2015

White Water Rafting - from Homestay to Jungle Lodge

Before we left Delfin, he showed us gold panning, and we all got a mud facial treatment using their own mud straight out of a stream.

Then several of us went white water rafting. It was fantastic - three hours of Rapids and flat water interspersed. I remembered much of what I used to do when I was kayaking, so I did very well, and didn't fall out. Just at the end we had a torrential downpour which didn't last long. It was so much better than Disneyland! In the middle we had lunch.

After the rafting we went on to the jungle ecolodge by way of a village where they live with monkeys. The monkeys inhabit the main square, but know not to annoy the villagers by going into the shops.

The ecolodge is only accessible by canoe, but it is definitely several star, even if it doesn't have wifi. I thought you would like a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment