Friday 16 October 2015

Contemplation

I'm sitting here in my hotel room, about to do my washing and go to bed early so I can get up and catch the early plane to Ecuador (I won't arrive until very late tomorrow, so I probably won't post).

So what did I do in the US?

Visited the following parks:

Arches National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Canyon de Chelly National Monument
Canyonlands National Park
Capitol Reef National Park
Chaco Culture National Park 
Dead Horse Point National Park
Death Valley National Park
Dixie National Forest 
Goblin Valley State Park
Grand Canyon National Park
Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument
Kodachrome Basin State Park
Mesa Verde National Park
Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
Painted Desert
Petrified Forest National Park
Pink Sand Dunes State Park
Red Canyon State Park
Sunset Crater National Monument
Vermillion Cliffs National Monument
Walnut Canyon National Monument
Wupatki National Monument
Zion National Park

Probably a couple more...

Really had a wonderful time on a part of the trip that wasn't meant to happen.

Saw some examples to show the median Australian is richer than any other country.

Learnt to hate driving on the wrong side of the road, driving an automatic car, driving with an incompetent navigator, and especially learnt to hate driving in Los Angeles! It rained this morning, and there was a mudslide blocking a major highway. This is not a picture of that driving experience - when the heavy rain started a truck decided to turn across my side of the road and completely block it - but of a normal Los Angeles traffic jam on both sides of the freeway in the middle of the day today. I was stopped, so I took it out the front windscreen.

And for the next week, I may not be able to update the blog because I have been told that you need to catch a taxi down to the village to get internet, and I don't know how often I will be able to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment