Wednesday 14 October 2015

Colorado River Again

I saw the Grand Canyon today. I thought that I had to see it since I told everyone that I would be going to that area. However I didn't see it from the main Grand Canyon viewing area. I entered from the east, so I went to the desert viewing area first. The parking was enormous, and I seriously wondered whether I would ever find my car again. And the people! I also went to the Navajo viewing point, which was small and uncrowded. So then I decided to go to the other end of the canyon. There is a bridge across the Colarado river one mile before it officially ends.

After that I saw Marble Canyon and the Vermilion cliffs, but because it was late I don't think any of the photos are any good.

In the morning (before the Grand Canyon) I went to Walnut Canyon and Wupatki and Sunset Crater. These are pueblo Indian archeological sites - Walnut canyon has cliff face buildings and Wupatki has the ruins of villages. Both have an enormous number of dwellings, and you can go into the places that remain.

So what will I give you in the way of photos? A number. One of each in the following order: Walnut Canyon, Wupatki Pueblo (there were a number of other Pueblos on the site), and a Grand Canyon shot from each end, and finally an enormous rock.





No comments:

Post a Comment