Sunday 26 August 2018

The Beach Road

Carmanville Wetlands were a surprise on my route today. The pond is conserved due to the numbers of birds, but I didn’t see any. However, the walk through the woods to the pond was quite attractive - reminiscent of a Japanese garden.

The road revealed many bays - they must be quite shallow because they were studded with rocks in the middle of the water. Then, at Deadmans Bay, I actually found sandy beaches!

Next, I visited Barbour Heritage Village in Newtown. The Barbour were a very successful merchant family. Newtown is on a number of islands, and is called the Venice of Newfoundland - it was lovely.

Lastly I visited the most easterly national park in Canada - Terra Nova - which protects a boreal forest and the associated water lands.



No comments:

Post a Comment