Wednesday 22 August 2018

Fog

My plans for today didn’t work out, as the area was quite foggy and damp. Walking to all the scenic lookouts isn’t the best thing to do in such weather. So I visited the murals in the hospital, and the polar bear that terrorised the neighbourhood in 1984.

I then drove a loop that was suggested in my notes (I’m not that keen on the notes after several poor suggestions, but there have been some good ones that I didn’t know about beforehand), and went by the town of Main Brook. I also managed to take a photo of wood by the road.

There were some more roadworks being done. If you look at that picture you can see how dense the trees grow, so it’s no wonder that the locals like to use the roadside strips for other things. I even saw a cemetery today that was located in the roadside strip!

Although it had been sunny, as soon as I neared town, the fog was still there. So I won’t do anything else. It will be a long day tomorrow. I plan to see an important archeological dig and the other important geological site in Gros Morne National Park that contributed to it being a world heritage area, and I’ll be staying again at the place I stayed in Gros Morne, which is several hours drive away.




No comments:

Post a Comment