Monday 27 August 2018

Trolls

Several Canadians have recommended the Bonavista peninsula to me and I can understand why. The Skerwink Trail is supposed to be one of the best walks in Canada. It’s only 5kms and it goes along the edge of sea cliffs with plenty of sea stacks (in Iceland all such formations are considered to be trolls that have been turned to stone) and incredible views, including of the town where I’m staying.

Elliston and Maberly are billed as the root cellar capitals of the world, so I didn’t expect to find a walk to a puffin colony, nor Canadians having a swim!

At the end of the peninsula, I saw the lighthouse. Canadians seem to build very squat lighthouses. This is typical of the ones I have seen so far.

The last picture is of where I’m staying.




No comments:

Post a Comment