Saturday 18 June 2016

Definitely the Last Totem Poles

As the market here is supposed to be one of the best in the world, I decided to catch the ferry in False Creek, and visit Granville island on the first leg of today's mamouth journey. The boats looked just like the pickle boats in Victoria, and evidently the person who designed them also designed these.

The market had a good range of raw food, cooked food and other items, but it was a bit squashed as it was Saturday, and raining. It rained or poured all day.

Then I caught the ferry on to the Museum of Vancouver, which recounts the history of Vancouver from the first people to the 1970s. It was really interesting, especially the Asian history, including the anti-Chinese and Indian laws in the early 1900s and the Japanese internment during and after the Second World War.

Then I walked to the bus, and caught it to the Museum of Anthropology at the university of British Columbia. This had been recommended to me by various people, including Ginnie, and it was very good - so good that it closed before I had finished looking at its displays, even though I had been there for three hours.


On the walk through UBC I saw the rose garden, and several couples getting wedding photos in it.

I caught a different bus and returned to the hotel, damp but satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment