Sunday 17 September 2017

Northern Fjords

Today I followed the northern coast for a good part of the day - when I wasn't going through tunnels. Iceland has one lane tunnels as well as two lane tunnels, so this was somewhat exciting. The coast is probably the most productive part of Iceland, with plenty of horses, cattle and sheep. In fact, at one stage one farmer moved all his sheep from one side of the ring road to the other. This caused traffic pandemonium.

I went to the herring museum, but it only opens for a couple of hours a day. I went to the textile museum, but it shut at the end of august. However, I did go to the major centre of Christianity in Iceland, and saw a turf house there. Later I visited a turf farmhouse - one of its rooms had a variety of ice skates on the wall.









No comments:

Post a Comment