Friday 15 September 2017

Steam

Yesterday was waterfalls, today was steam. The Lake Myvatn area is known for its geothermal activity. Even though it was very cold at lunchtime, the natural pools (outside) were very nice!

Before that I visited the Stora-Viti crater (no picture), the Namaskardh geothermal area (it had a mountain covered with snow in the background), Leirhnjukur geothermal area and the Krafla power plant. I went around Lake Myvatn and over the hillside to the sea and Husavik where I am tonight.

I gave been plagued by the lack of power last night, as every time I try to use the tablet it doesn't have enough power - for instance my itinerary is on it, and I missed some things I intended to do. Tonight's campsite has wifi and power, but they're not in the same place, and the wifi appears intermittent. Once I have a reasonable charge on the tablet, I'll sort out the rest, and you'll get some posts.


My seniors card has proved valuable here. I keep forgetting about it at home, and have now used it twice as much here as I ever used it ever before. Everything seems to be about two thirds of the price with it!








No comments:

Post a Comment