Friday 22 September 2017

Underground

Last night I went to the thermal baths called the secret lagoon, and lolled around in them, gazing at the thermal spring no mud pools gushing only metres away. No pictures. I thought that mineralised water, steam and cameras weren't a good combination.

So what does one do on ones last full day in Iceland? Evidentially one explores the fourth largest lava tube in Iceland and gets immersed in the national museum for hours. The lava tube was great! We saw some very interesting rock formations. The national museum had a display on the history of settlement of Iceland. This included all sorts of things that had been found in archeological excavations, and even had an exhibit on the houses in the valley of Strong. I only saw one floor, as I was kicked out at closing time. I might go back.

Tomorrow I return the van and catch a plane to Greenland. I don't think there will be much wifi availability in Greenland, as only one place I am going to advertises its availability, and most definitely don't have it, so you may need to do without posts for TWO WHOLE WEEKS, until I arrive in Canada. So if you have become addicted to my poor posts, you may end up with withdrawal symptoms. On the other hand you may get a lot of posts at once and become overwhelmed.










No comments:

Post a Comment