Tuesday 18 September 2018

Mud Mud Everywhere

I had the evening meal last night overlooking the local wharf. As I didn’t have my camera, I took a picture there this morning at reasonably high tide, and then again an hour before low tide. I didn’t realise you could get under water boat cradles.


Next, I walked a few trails in Fundy National Park, and saw two waterfalls, a lot of moss and two covered bridges (I only photographed one).


By this time it was getting close to low tide, so I went back to Hopewell Rocks to get some pictures of low tide and mud. You can see mud from one side of the bay to the other.



Then I continued on my journey, visiting two National Historic sites on the way. The first was called Fort Beauséjour and Fort Cumberland depending on who had just taken it. It’s a earth mound star shaped fort - I think the oldest in North America. It overlooks the end of the bay of Fundy, and from the ramparts you can clearly see all the dykes the Arcadians built to drain the land and create fields.


This is also one of the areas where the Arcadians returned, and I found another National was Historic Monument - Monument Lefebvre which was a college established by a Father, and is seen as part of the resurgence of the Arcadian culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment