Saturday 7 May 2016

Gophers

Today was gopher day - I saw some yesterday but today they were everywhere. On the edge of the hot springs pool, running across the road, climbing trees when I was walking.

I gradually went toward this mountain range as I drove to Haines Junction, and found out it is part of the Kluane National Park, which along with a couple of others cover the largest ice field outside arctic areas. Going to Haines from Haines Junction takes you along the edge of these parks which are a World Heritage area.

Kathleen Lake is just stunning.

Then I walked up a rock glacier.

And this slowly cleared the road - can't work out what it is, but it is the back.

The road just kept on getting more and more scenic, but it was getting late, so I kept on going - I can take more on the way back.

This is tonight's campground.


No comments:

Post a Comment