Tuesday 31 May 2016

Even More Totem Poles

The hotel told me where the local laundromat is, and their van took me there (it will take me anywhere I want within the downtown/harbour area). While my washing was drying, I went past the old legislative buildings

to the Museum. However, the museum was going to shut in twenty minutes, so I went to Thunderbird park, where they have a long house and a number of totem poles. The museum also must have quite a number of totem poles inside (I saw some as I went around to the park).

The houses here are all early 1900s or late 1800s I guess, with pretty gardens.

I spent most of the day resting, and I think I may stay in Victoria for the entire week. This is the view from my window. The second picture includes four pickle boats and a seaplane. They take off from here all day, and sometimes there are four in the water in front of my balcony.


No comments:

Post a Comment