Monday 2 May 2016

To the Coast

After going on a few walks around the site and town, I followed my museum guide's advice and visited the totem poles at Kispiox, which is evidently well known for its unsurpassed fishing. This town is also on the SkeenaRiver, which I followed all day, down to the sea.

Before I got back to the highway I went through the one lane bridges again.

The road to Terrance is just as beautiful as yesterday. I saw my sixth black bear which was twice the size of the others. When I looked back, the car behind me was stopping in the middle of the road.

Onward to Prince Rupert, the river became enormous.

I decided to backtrack to Terrance, so I might be able to do everything tomorrow, and the first place I tried was very closed, despite a sign saying it was open, but I was amazed to see humming birds there!








No comments:

Post a Comment