Monday 16 May 2016

Volcano

This morning I went to the Alaska Sea Life Center. It has aquariums with fish and other sea creatures from around Alaska, as well as games (see who can catch the most fish...) film and explanations. The two exhibits I liked the most were the sea birds (which was two floors high, at the bottom you could see the birds swimming underwater with the fish, and up top they were swimming on the surface) and the jellyfish.

Then I went to Hammer. There was a never ending stream of cars in the other direction.

 I stopped at the Russian Mission on the way.

I didn't actually get to Hamer - it is on the spit you can see here.

You could see for miles across the Cook inlet (named after Captain Cook), to the glaciers more than 60 miles away.

I could even see this volcano (it's the best picture I could get because it's so far away).

And my campground tonight and tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment