Saturday 28 May 2016

Mount Si

I am here for a few days, and I really need to decide what I am doing next. 

Last night, the trip to Seattle was over Yukon and parts of the panhandle. It was raining, so there was a lot of cloud around, So I didn't expect to see anything from the plane, but the cloud cleared in one spot and I saw an enormous glacier, a real river of ice. It went much further than the picture.

Today, Kevin and Cassie picked me up to take me to Mount Si. We went to downtown, and visited Pike Place Market and the library, and walked down the entire book spiral (five floors are tilted, so they make a long spiral for all the non fiction collection). Doug commented that he would never have expected to visit a library as an important part of seeing a city, but he took a lot of pictures.

Where we are staying is a beautiful retreat in the woods with mountains behind it. Shortly before we reached Rainbow Lodge we saw a black bear in the undergrowth. And the Americans are all scared of Australia because it has snakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment